Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Dabu print by the harbour bridge















Like I said in this post before, I feel kurtas are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing, this indigo beauty is a dabu print I got on one of my little travels, worn here with a bright woven bag from Colombia and buttery soft leather shorts.

It is worn as a dress or top with a skirt or shorts or flowy wide legged bottoms in the summer, layered over merino wool base layer and leggings or denim when it gets colder. I wear it to the beach and to work and it only looks better as it is more frequently used. Truly versatile.

Natural indigo is a rare commodity with small quantities produced by the Chippa community in Bagru, Rajasthan, India. The natural version of the blue dye is obtained from the indigo plants of the indigofera family. Beautiful indigo patterns are created with dabu, a mud-resist paste made with all things natural.


No comments: